If you call Virginia Beach home, you already know about its beautiful beaches, vibrant boardwalk, and family-friendly attractions. But we also have a thriving dive bar scene with a variety of watering holes to choose from, each with its own unique character.
If you’re looking for a place to grab a cheap drink, listen to some good music, or meet some interesting people, here are four highly-rated dive bars in Virginia Beach worth checking out
The Ready Room is a neighborhood bar and grill that’s been around since the 1980s. It’s a no-frills establishment with a friendly atmosphere and a loyal following of regulars. The Ready Room is known for its strong drinks, cheap prices, and jukebox full of classic tunes.
Unique things about the Ready Room:
- The Ready Room has a pool table in the back room.
- The bar hosts live music on weekends.
- The Ready Room is known for its signature drink, the “Ready Room Special,” which is a mix of vodka, cranberry juice, and Sprite.
Casey’s Pub is another classic Virginia Beach dive bar. It’s a small, dimly lit space with a dive bar aesthetic. The walls are covered in dollar bills and other memorabilia, and the jukebox is always playing a mix of old-school rock and country music. Casey’s is a great place to go for a cheap drink and a friendly conversation.
Unique things about Casey’s Pub:
- Casey’s Pub is known for its friendly bartenders and welcoming atmosphere.
- Casey’s Pub is a popular spot for locals to watch sports.
- The bar hosts pool leagues and tournaments and also has pinball, darts, and video games.
Inland Reef is a sports bar and grill with a dive bar vibe. It has a large, open space with plenty of TVs to watch the game this fall. Inland Reef is known for strong drinks, good food, and reasonable prices.
Unique things about Inland Reef:
- Inland Reef has a full menu of American classics, including burgers, wings, and sandwiches.
- The bar has a large outdoor patio where you can enjoy your drink, have a smoke, and gather with friends to watch sports.
- Inland Reef is a popular spot for pool and darts.
Judy’s Pub & Eatery
Judy’s Pub & Eatery is a neighborhood bar and grill that’s been around for over 20 years. It’s a casual spot with a friendly atmosphere and a loyal following of regulars. Judy’s is known for its extra-long happy hour, nightly drink specials, and outgoing staff.
Unique things about Judy’s Pub & Eatery:
- Judy’s Pub & Eatery has the best Philly Cheesesteak around.
- The bar has a jukebox that plays lively tunes. .
- Judy’s Pub & Eatery is open until the wee hours of the morning. .
This story was generated in part by AI and edited by Dogwood staff.
The 2023 General Assembly elections are behind us, and Virginia Democrats successfully faced down immense amounts of Republican spending to secure...
Wednesday marks the second anniversary of the signing of President Joe Biden’s infrastructure law, a key piece of the president’s economic agenda...
BY DAWN RYKHEART, We Vote In Virginia we hold elections every year, and the years where there is no presidential election usually see less than 50%...
What’re U-Picking Right Now? Virginia’s Guide to What’s in Season and Where You Can Pick it Yourself
While store-bought produce is all well and good, there’s nothing like going to a farm and picking your own fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers, and...